Weekly Meetings: Wednesdays at 6:30 PM in MacAlister Hall 3010; open to all students!
Why Join The Triangle?
- Free food. A truckload of free food. Play your cards right, and we’ll feed you twice a week (even more if you’re down for leftovers).
- Experience! Every co-op employer loves to see involvement at the student newspaper on their prospective hire’s resume. It means you have experience working with both people and deadlines. It sure worked for our alumni. Just to name a few – Chuck Barris, was a former Triangle columnist, and later CIA agent, singer, songwriter, author of Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and host of The Gong Show. Mike Mazzeo, a former sports writer now works for ESPN. And Al Boscov, owner and founder of the eponymous department store, wrote a few articles for us back in the day too.
- We’ve been around for almost 100 years.
- We’re the best record of history on campus. (Seriously. want to know about what was happening at Drexel in 1980? Check The Triangle archives! Who else is going to tell you?) As a member you get to help record Drexel’s history as it happens.
- You’ll be the first of your friends to know what happened and why. Seriously, you’ll have all the hot gossip. Our staffers are some of the best informed members on campus.
- You’ll meet cool people and do cool things that none of your peers get to do. Staffers regularly get to meet and interview famous politicians, celebrities and the Drexel administrators in charge of major university decisions.
- You become part of The Triangle community and get to know other students from all majors you may not have met otherwise.
- You’ll learn a lot, about journalism, Drexel, writing, AP style, Adobe InDesign and InCopy, leadership and teamwork.
- It builds character. We publish weekly. We’re by far the most active organization on campus and if you can be seriously involved in The Triangle during classes, it’s a safe bet you’ll be able to handle most anything by the time you graduate.
- WE WORK HARD, WE PLAY HARD. While it requires a lot of hard work and due diligence to put out a newspaper every week, it’s super fun. Maybe even the time of your life. Don’t believe us? Try it out.